″There’s a couple of different aspects to this company that make it sort of unique. The products that we built are plant derived. They don’t have to be a GMO. We make plant cell-free systems that are making naturally direct products that we spray on topically has nothing to do with the genetics of a plant or making a heritable change to any organism.”
On their podcast “Ag Tech Talk,” host and senior editor Dan Jacobs sits down with Trillium AG Todd Hauser to explore the latest technological innovations, tools, and services, that are moving the crop input community forward.
In the program, Dan starts the interview by asking Todd for “a layman’s version of exactly what RNAi is” before moving on to the many innovations of Trillium’s new Agrisome biopesticide platform technology, with questions such as:
- Why has it been challenging for RNAi to find a meaningful impact in agriculture?
- How are Agrisomes actually delivered? How do they end up getting to target pests?
- Is this something you see down the road, whether it’s two years, 10 years, 30 years from now, replacing synthetic chemistry?
- Where does this fit into the regulatory environment?
- How soon might we see something that uses this technology available to growers?
Listen to the podcast and read the full transcript here on AgriBusinessGlobal.com